With so many travel apps out there, we recommend only the best to make you an app superhero extraordinaire.
Iron Man has to rely on apps and other technology to keep up with the super powers of Wonder Woman, Superman, Thor and other heroes. As travelers and mere mortals, we must also rely on a few apps in our mobile devices to make life a bit easier. We use apps for scheduling needs, dining advice, trip planning, packing and more, and today’s podcast shines the spotlight on the best travel apps around.
In this episode, your technologically savvy podcast team speaks with international traveler and WorldVentures™ Regional Marketing Director Buddy Buck. They will take the stress out of everything from pre-departure preparations to in-flight entertainment and in-destination exploration. Learn how to stay out of trouble when the podcast team offers their super recommendations in “More Than a Travel Tip … Tip.” We also have a special announcement from the WorldVentures Foundation Executive Director, Gwyneth Lloyd. This episode is for every traveler in our incredible community — tech savvy or not.
- [01:08] Wayne cries about losing Hannah DeClerk and introduces today’s guest co-host.
- [03:17] Breaking news about the *17IN17 Guatamala Giveaway from WorldVentures Foundation Executive Director, Gwyneth Lloyd.
- [05:48] Your podcast co-hosts discuss the #1 travel app for the DreamTrips community.
- [06:03] What is the “More than a Travel Tip … Tip” about today?
- [07:02] Wayne introduces a super guest on today’s feature: experienced traveler Buddy Buck.
- [08:15] Buddy elaborates on his travel philosophy.
- [09:10] Buddy loves the DreamTrips app.
- [09:29] Buddy describes his favorite app for exploring a new city.
- [09:47] Never forget to pack something again.
- [10:20] International travelers will want to download this app — it’s worth its weight in gold.
- [10:43] Buddy and Wayne share some great advice about organizing your travel apps.
- [11:23] Wayne’s “cool cousin” could be quite popular with our community.
- [11:37] What about apps from major airlines?
- [12:16] DreamTrips Members know how useful the DT app is for dining.
- [13:07] Sightseeing and touring? These apps are sure to please.
- [14:38] Have a toddler or child with you? This app is a must.
- [15:18] This amusement park app tells you the wait times for rides.
- [16:00] Get this app for help ordering food at the airport.
- [16:21] What’s next on Buddy Buck’s bucket list?
- [17:26] Between segments your co-hosts discuss which app they liked best and
- [17:53] Cachet has a suggested download of an App for you.
- [19:43] How do DreamTrips Members earn Rovia Bucks** and get their kids ready to go back to school?
- [21:05] Jason Clayden reveals some of our listeners’ favorite apps from Kimberly Domka and Spellman Ray Warner, and Jenny Brown has an ask of the DreamTrips app Development team.
- [21:48] Jason offers airline and airport tips to save you aggravation before, during and after your flight.
- [21:59] Jason details a few exciting updates to the DreamTrips app.
- [23:44] The team congratulates Jason on his promotion.
- [23:53] Contact the DreamTrips Podcast on social media with #DTpodcast and don’t forget to comment and subscribe to us on one of our many outlets.
- [24:44] The best download might be the advice in the “More Than a Travel Tip … Tip.”
- [26:38] Wayne thanks his guest co-host Cachet Johnson and they both wish Hannah DeClerk the best!
- [27:03] Wayne reveals the subject of the next episode, a new term you may not have heard before.
Addresses, websites and phone #s mentioned in this episode
- Get to know us by visiting the official DreamTrips Podcast website.
- Rate us and subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts (in iTunes), Stitcher and Google Play.
- Share your tips and stories with us on social media with #DTpodcast.
- DreamTrips Members can download the DreamTrips App on iTunes and Google Play to check out all our episodes!
- Download other apps from this episode by searching them on iTunes or Google Play. Today’s app mentions include: the DreamTrips app, Uber, Travel List, Currency Converter, Cool Cousin, Around Me, Waze, WikiTude, SitOrSquat, Magic Guide for Disney World, Magic Guide for Disneyland, Magic Guide for Universal Orlando, Grab, Google Trips Travel Planner, Hopper.
* 17IN17 GUATAMALA GIVEAWAY: You can show your heart to serve & win a VoluTour for 2 while helping kids get an education in Guatemala — a country where only 3 out of 10 children complete the 6th grade. Please help by fundraising for the 17IN17: Guatemala Giveaway. Terms and conditions apply, so please visit the WorldVentures Foundation website for full details and contest rules.
** Rovia Bucks can take up to 90 days or more to be credited to your account and percentage earned with vary according to merchant. Please see Membership Terms & Conditions for more details.